Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Thankful

Be thankful you do not live in New York City today. Those poor people trying to get to work and elsewhere while the transit system is shut down. Have you seen all the people walking? Argh! I feel sorry for them. I complain if I have to sit on our local heavily traveled University Drive for an extra 10 minutes in the morning. I mean life could be so much worse.

Today will be busy for me. I wish I was more motivated. Some dorkus (hubby) scheduled my BMW to be taken in for service first thing this morning. Guess who just rescheduled? Yep, me. Who would schedule a day at the BMW spa just a few days before Christmas? I changed it until after Christmas. Please, things are stressful enough right now. Hubby really isn't a dork, but sometimes I wonder why he does what he does. I think it is just to annoy me. Tonight I am expecting about 20 young adults at my house to see my son before he heads back out to his post. He leaves on Thursday. I have already shed tears over this, and it hasn't even happened yet. I dread it. A couple of times he has reminded me why there are times I do not miss him, especially the night he decided to wrestle my other son until one of them scremed uncle. It wasn't going to happen. This went on forever. These two big guys rolled and writhed on the floor and neither one was going to speak the dreaded word (uncle). I finally had to break them by bribing them with food and threatening to climb in there and break them up. Kids. So anyways, we are cooking out and letting all these young adults (hockey players, college students, soldiers, etc.) hang out at our house. Will I survive?

Stay tuned....

No comments: