Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas....again




I SO snagged this from Kalisah...cuz she is the awesomest:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate loaded with mini marshmallows. Yummmmy!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them around the tree?
When I grew up he just set them out, but I married a yankee and now Santa brings every dang thing wrapped.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White and wonderful!

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
If any falls out of the tree in our front yard. One year we shot some down with a BB Gun and nobody even went to the emergency room. The fun part is I kept telling hubby, "You'll shoot your eye out!"

5. When do you put your decorations up?
We start the day after Thanksgiving and we finish on or around Christmas Eve. It takes forever!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Sweet potatoe casserole.

7. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I remember it. The evil stepmother told me. I think I was like 10. I think she was tired of the Santa thing. I cried because I felt like someone had stripped away my Christmas spirit. We never told our kids. They somehow just figured it out. Don't ask, don't tell.

8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We all get to pick one. I always pick the one that looks like it has jewelry in it. Ha!

9. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?
Chocolate chip.

10. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love, love, love it. Sadly, we hardly ever get any. :0(

11. Can you ice skate?
Although two of my kids played ice hockey for years, and my oldest even got an offer from a Jr. Hockey team, I never learned to ice skate. I can still roller skate awesomely. I worked at a roller skating rink in high school. I use to work in my skates.

12. Do you remember your favorite gift?
An Easy Bake Oven and one of those barbie heads where you could style their hair.

13. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Family and fun times.

14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Pumpkin Pie!

15. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Going to my MeeMaws house on Christmas Eve.

16. What tops your tree?
A huge gold and antique red bow.

17. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving?
I like them both.

18. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?
"Silent Night" - It's such a calming song.

19. Candy Canes! Yum....it's so Christmasy.

20. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween (because I guess I am a little evil.

Now do this yourself and let me know so I can read yours!

No comments: