Sunday, September 25, 2005

Tornado Town

Okay...today has been fun. We have been under a tornado watch most of the day and it looks like most of them will become warnings. Let's hope not, but thanks Rita! I hate tornado weather. It gets really hot and muggy. You can walk outside and feel it coming. Ugh.

Yesturday was pretty fun. Because me and another mom love our daughters so much and they begged us to go to the local music festival, we did it. We took three girls We braved the crowds, the cigarette (and other types of cigarettes) smoke, drunk people, etc...you get the point. Lots of people. I said I wasn't going to do it, but I actually had a lot of fun. The best act (in my opinion) last night was Peter Noone and Herman's Hermits. I love him. He is funny and awesome and puts on a great show. Damn I am old. Also got to see Dwight Yoakum. At one point in my life I had the biggest crush on him - until I saw Sling Blade. Then I didn't like him so much. He did put on a great show, but he is really starting to show his age. This festival was suppose to go on all weekend, but because of the treat of tornadoes, I am not sure if they will have it today. They have delayed the start today until 5 pm, and then they will meet and decide what to do. That's a shame, but still, I think it was pretty successful the last couple of days. Next year I think we may just do the whole weekend thingy.

Now back to last night. My daughter's little boyfriend was there and they were hanging out. A whole group of kids they knew were all together for most of the night. When we first got there we let them sort of go out on their own and met up with them every hour. When it started getting dark and all the freaks came out, we just started following them far enough away that we were not in their space, but we could still see them. I am sorry, I am not willing to let go yet. I think my daughter was a little annoyed, but you know, she is my child and that is just how it is going to be. I told her last night I was sorry if she had a parent that cared and that she should consider herself lucky. Her little boyfriend was very good natured about it and didn't seem to mind. Good for him because it wouldn't have made a difference anyways. ha!

Oh well..back to weather watching.

Have a great day!

No comments: