Friday, September 09, 2005

Oh Gosh

I am so tired. This has been a hard week. I have worked every day - and it's been busy. I have been feeling sorta sickly and yucky all week. Many in my office seem to be having sinus problems and sore throats, and I am not sure if that is it or not, but I went and purchased some Vitamin B-Complex, and I am hoping that my energy comes back soon. I plan to sleep a lot this weekend so there may not be much or any posting. I haven't had time to read many blogs lately and some I have just given up on all together. I don't have time for dumb people. It's depressing enough out there without all the negativity and blaming and such. I did read Mrs. du Toit tonight and she says something that makes great sense to me. Instead of getting all heated up and joining in on the blame game stuff, why not just give up on them? Why give stupid people your precious time? You cant win. I mean, we all know how this thing is going to turn out, and most of these wackos are just wasting their breath. Whatever. Have fun with that. But I really did enjoy her post. I feel so much like this myself. As read at: Mrs. Du Toit
Mrs. du Toit says:

I’m going to try to stop watching the hurricane news for a while. Obviously, given the nature of events, I’ll still be current with things, but I can no longer handle the constant broadcast of the carping, by Democrats, that Bush should have done something to prevent the hurricane from being horrible.

Two things concern me about the carping:
1. That people really don’t understand how our Republic functions. They really don’t seem to understand that the President can no more sweep down on his hurricane-consequences-eradicator airplane and take over Louisiana, than he can make pigs fly. Of course, if he did, the Democrats would be going ape-#### for him over reaching his authority and probably accuse him of being insensitive to Muslims for giving special ability to pigs. But what concerns me is that people are listening to any of this nonsense. If they REALLY understand how our government works, they’d not say a thing about it.

Because of that, I’m going to announce something I never announce. I’m going to de-link any blog that complains about how the Feds handled this. I’m not going to say who it is/was, they’ll just be gone. So if you’ve been using my blogroll to jump to other sites, I suggest you make note before a few more disappear from the rolls. It just demonstrates to me that the person is not worth reading. I should have figured it out before, but I didn’t. Now I have a litmus test. If people do not understand, at so basic a level, how our system of government works, I don’t want to hear anything else they have say. Since the handling of the affair was so bungled at the local and State levels, it would have been impossible for the outcome to be anything other than a goat rodeo. But even saying that, the men and women who are on the ground deserve better. This whole thing is like Vietnam, only in peacetime. Every time you criticize the handling of the affair now, you’re actually criticizing the volunteers and employees who are squeezing out every ounce of energy they have to do as much as they can. You can’t say “I support the troops but not their mission.” That’s an oxymoron. And you can’t say, “I support the work the volunteers are doing, but not the people who are directing it from above.” You can’t have it both ways.

2. There’s a point where the coverage becomes a kind of voyeurism. Finding the balance between vigilance and voyeurism, at times like this, can be tough. I may have passed the point, but I can only rectify it from this point forward.

What I’ve really learned from this experience is that some people are really terrific—near heroes in their ability to help others. I’ve also learned that I hate Democrats even more than before. The day that party fades away into oblivion will be the day I have renewed hope for our species.


To that I say Amen!

Mrs. du Toit is my hero!!! She gets what I have been trying to say for the last week or more: We (most of us anyways) went to school. We took a class called "Government", in this class we learned how "Government" functions. It makes me angry and sad that my 18 year old (who is a history major btw) and 12 year old understand how government works, and how natural disasters are handled (as witnessed in other states where there is competent leadership). As for now though, I am just going to start ignoring people that can't grasp the stuff they should have learned beginning in elementary school. As we were reminded with Katrina, life is too short.

No comments: