Saturday, September 24, 2005

On mulching and things like that

Two nights in a row I have not slept good....grrrr. Is this a sign of pre-menopause? Let's hope not. I love, love, love my sleep. Yesturday hubby called me at work and told me he had a very special surprise. It would be delivered at our house around 5:15 pm and make sure I was here so I could receive this very special delivery. Imagine my surprise when a huge truck pulled up the driveway with 9 scoops of shredded pine mulch. Okay..isn't that romantic? Guess what my entire weekend will consist of? How happy do you think I was to see him when he got home? Right.

I was going to get up early this morning because I had bought a charity ticket through my daughter's school to go to the local upscale department store and get 20% off my entire purchase from 7:00 am - 9:00 am. I slept through that damnit. I missed out on 20% off Karen Kane for gosh sakes!!!! I love it when they do these charity events, because items you usually cannot use the discount for, are allowable for these special sales (Dooney and Bourke, Coach, Free People, Ralph Lauren, etc...you get the point). It makes me mad that I could have save 20% all in the name of charity! Well..I bought the ticket so the school gets their money and the store did not get my money which I guess is a good thing, and I get to spread mulch!. I don't think I would have been that into it anyways. Lately, I just have not felt like shopping which tells me something is definately going on with me. Normally, I am always up for shopping. What do I mean normally, I mean definately.

Otherwise things are good. Waiting to hear from my sailor who is almost back to his homeport from his last trip out to sea. I think he will be back in port for like a week and then back out again. The beginning of next year they will be heading out for a 7 month tour so they are getting geared up. He is pretty excited. He will get to go on his first trip to Australia. That will be a great experience for my 21 year old son. They are hitting many other ports too. I am a little jealous he will get to see parts of the world I may never see. *sigh*

Oh well...gotta put my gardening stuff on.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

HA!! Good luck with your mulch:) Maybe all of that hard work will make for a good nights sleep.