Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Life or something like it

Here I sit. This morning finds me sipping coffee and looking at all the magazines and catalogs I have not had time to read. Oh well. It's nice really, sitting here doing nothing. The last few days have been stormy with threats of high winds, hail and tornados. Today is beautiful, sunny and a little cooler thanks to the cold front that whipped through here yesturday. That's a good thing because 80 degrees in March is totally too hot. Ya know, I have about a million things to do today, but I am just not motivated. Yesturday hubbby and I started working on our storage closet. Well, really just hubby started on it because the majority of stuff in it is his family stuff. He sat down last night and started going through some old paper work. We inherited some timeshares but have never used them because when his mother gave him the huge bag of literature, contracts, brochures, etc., we have never had time to sit down and figure it out. It doesn't help that his mother never throws out one shread of paper that is mailed to her house. Never. I think she took every piece of mail that even mentioned the timeshare and shoved them in paper bags. ARgh! The timeshares are all paid for and there is 3 of them. What really pisses me off is that one of them is in Destin and we just figured out last night that our week is next week (which is Spring Break) and I have already made plans to do something else. I guess I could change it, but I think we already had to tell them that we were actually going to use it that week or they rent it out or something. I don't know, it's too confusing and hubby is figuring it all out. It's sad that these timeshares have not been used in about 10 years. Hopefully we will get it figured out and use them. Believe me, we could all use a break around here.

This will be a busy week. Yesturday my daughter had band competition in which they received all superior ratings. Go them!! Today is a more calm day spent running various errands. Tomorrow daughter gets her teeth cleaned and then spacers to prepare her for braces. She will get her braces on next Monday. Her trumpet teacher is begging her to not get them. It will be interesting to see how tough she is playing trumpet with braces. Poor girl. Sadly, she will get them on the day before we leave for our Spring Break trip. Won't that be fun looking for places on the road that has soup or soft foods? Friday is the big luncheon thing I am planning at work. I decided on Bennigans for the food since it sounds Irish. Today I will be heading out to Party City to get festive plates and stuff to decorate our conference room. Thursday I plan to make a cheesecake with an oreo crust and dye it green. Creative huh?

I guess I better get off my creative butt and get out there and get stuff done.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Gregg said...

D- I never understood the draw of timeshares. When I go on vacation, or a business trip for that matter, I want room-service and valet laundry. I also want to eat out every night, and don't want a kitchen anywhere near me. Vacation, to me, is a lounge chair on the beach with an endless supply of pina coladas.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule. When I was married, we would rent a villa on the leeward side of St John, VI that had it's own private entrance to a secluded beach. We also had a jacuzzi hot tub right outside the door next our own pool. My ex graciously provided the pina coladas.

-gregg