Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Hey Y'all

Well, for the 1 or 2 of you out there that still read this blog, ummm...if that many, I am finally going to update. I feel a little guilty because I know there are plenty of bloggers out there that are much more busy than I, but jeez, ya know, I guess I am just lazy. Lots have been going on and much will be going on soon. This weekend will be mine and hubby's 16 anniversary. How do we plan to celebrate...how else??? A visit from my mother in law!!!! Seems hubby's aunt he has not seen in years has made a pilgramage from Upstate New York to Florida to visit my mother in law, and they have decided to take a trip up here and visit us this weekend....JOY! Just how I wanted to spend my anniversary! YAY! Nothing like having a couple of George Costanza wannabees in your house when you have a supposedly important, supposedly romantic type of thing going on. Looks like there will be no romance for us for awhile. Oh, and speaking of which, even if romance was attempted I don't think it would be anyways because yesturday when hubby was suppose to be home painting the guest bathroom that is totally torn apart in anticipation of our visitors, he was fishing. How do you think I felt about that? Use your imagination. I am sure you ladies can imagine what was running through my head on that one.

On the kid homefront, my younger son (19 years old) will be attending his 3rd prom this weekend. Yes, I said his 3rd prom. Although he graduated last year, one of his friends that is a senior this year asked him to take her, so off he goes to another prom. I hope this is the last time we have to order tuxes until there is a wedding around the corner and hopefully that won't been too soon. As for daughter, she is the one that is keeping me the busiest. I can hardly get anything done because of her social/school/church activities. That girl keeps me running. She is still "going out" with the same boy she started going out with after Christmas. I have been hinting at her that it might be time to start playing the field because at the age of 13, I don't think they should be attached to one person for such a long time. This is the time she should be having fun and going to movies and stuff like that with groups of friends, etc. She is doing that, however, he goes along with them all and I don't know, I just wish she would not have a boyfriend and just concentrate on having fun. There is plenty of time for all of that. He is a good kid and treats her extremely well, so I guess I should be thankful he is not some jerk like the last one.

Unfortunately, it's time for me to go clean another bathroom. I am sure that when the New Yawkers leave I will have plenty to blog about. I love New Yorkers, but I don't want to share my anniversary with them.

See Y'all!

No comments: