Tuesday, May 02, 2006

This is Myspace!

Wow, it's been a little bit since I blogged. I have so much to blog too. Since we last spoke, I have been visited by some of my hubby's New York crew (relatives). Being raised in the South and being around New Yorkers is such a contrast! Where we Southern women are quiet (most of us) and polite, the New York women just go out and tell it like it is, only loudly. It was fun and interesting and they brought the kids lots of gifts so I guess it would be rude for me to say anything bad. Ha! I will keep that to myself.

Work is going great and it looks like I might increase my hours a little bit, but still be part-time and still be able to spend time with my family too. I love what I am doing and I appreciate they let me work hours that are beneficial to both them and my family too.

On the kid front, my oldest son has been in Hong Kong, Thailand and Singapore in the last couple of months and has ended up with a horrible case of food poisoning. He emailed me from his ship (he is in the Navy). I had heard stories about people buying food from street vendors and becoming violently ill but after shooting emails back and forth, it seems he got it on his ship. Wow....never expected that. I guess I felt a little let down that he did not get something in some exotic country because that sounds so much better in a story. At any rate, I hope he feels much better soon. The younger son (the one still mooching off of us at home), is in the throws of taking his college finals and where before he said he was going to take a class this summer, has decided he will take the summer off. All I know is he better get a damn job. He is about to eat us out of house and home, and now with gas as expensive as it is, he better find a way to help pay for that too. The kid is almost 20 and it's time to buckle down. The daughter is having so much fun I hate to even blog about it. I know that the teenage years is suppose to be a time of drama and stress, and she has had her share of that, but wow...this kid is loving life. I wish my teenage years were as much fun as hers. I guess I was a lot more shy and introverted than she, but this girl is the very opposite. She makes new friends so easily. The phone is always ringing, she is always texting, there are invitations to do things every weekend. Can't believe she does not just collapse from all she has to do.

Daughter has made a new interesting friend that is currently going to an exclusive private school and will be attending our public school next year. This girl is very sweet and nice but wants to go to public school because she is tired of going to a school where mommies and daddies award their daughters frequently from gifts from Tiffany's. Umm....I have never had anything from Tiffany's and I think that children should not get things from Tiffany's either...unless they got them off ebay and possibly they are not authentic. She has some funny stories of how these girls act and treat others that do no have the same things as them, not because their parents cannot afford them, but because strangely some parents choose not to spoil their children by giving them such frivilous things. My daughter buys her jewelry at Claire's and is damn proud of it thank you very much. Last weekend she asked me for a strand of long pearls that she could wrap around her neck several times, we headed over to Claire's, and I forked out $6.50 for those elegant pearls thank you very much. Oh, and I threw in a $4.00 pair of earrings too.

So take that you snobby girls!

No comments: